Cultivating Sustainability For Future Generations.
Sustainable leadership does not compromise the future by expanding and accelerating too quickly in the present.
– Andy Hargreaves
At Symarom, we proactively ensure that all our processes and affairs meet sustainability standards. Protecting resources is what we go hand-in-hand with our daily operations.
Symarom is committed to protect the environment for our future generation by minimizing the impact of our activities on the environment.
The main thrusts of our Environmental Policy is to:-
- Ensure that we reduce our carbon footprint through the use of renewable energy and conserving natural resources through our Reduce, Reuse and Recycle policies
- Comply with environmental regulations, policies, procedures and standards set up by the local government
- Participate in biodiversity conservation and support policy that preserve our ecosystem.
Symarom success depends on the strength of its people. Our employees are our principal asset that enable us to be what we are today. We firmly believe in teamwork. In Symarom, Collaboration and Co-operation, NOT Hierarchy take precedent in everything that we do. We believe that providing a conducive working environment for our staff to work safely and interactively remains key to our success today. Our employees show tolerance and respect for cultures, opinions and lifestyles that differ from their own.
In 2016, the company sponsored Mighty Sports, a renowned basketball team in Philippines for the William Jones Cup that has captured several regional championship titles.
The sport was chosen to represent the spirit of our company as:
- The game is fast-paced and winning is very much time-dependent;
- The players in the game, regardless of their assigned roles, ultimately requires each player to play together as a team;
- To win, the players must be versatile, creative and reactive.
Likewise, all staff in Symarom have their defined roles and functions - be it R&D, procurement, operation or quality assurance. Our staff constantly care for each other so that their combined efforts are greater than the sum of the individuals.
Symarom activities are intricately bound to the procurement of raw materials and packaging. We recognised that our relationship with our global suppliers are vital to our long term supply chain. We are committed to the principles of integrity, quality and performance without compromising safety and the environment. Likewise we expect our suppliers to have the same level of commitment to these values.
In all that we do, balanced interest with mutual trust and reciprocal engagement define our actions.
Symarom believes that it has the responsibility to contribute to the community by building sustainable employment at the local level. Our contribution to the economic and social development of the local community is governed by the following philosophy:-
- Creation of local jobs- directly or indirectly
- Adding values through skill development
- Supporting skills upgrading and employment progression
- Being inclusive to all regardless of race, language or religion
Creating a culture of diversity is key to our success. We encourage employee to think differently and participate in decision making to create valuable innovation.